GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is a collectible card game developed by CD Projekt RED.
The game is derived from the card game of the same name featured in Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher novels and playable in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt video game.
Gwent is a turn-based card game between two players, each player must play one card each turn from a deck of twenty-five to forty cards with a faction that offers different play styles and unique abilities. The goal is to win two out of three rounds by playing cards and spells to gain strength on the board. Winning two rounds rewards the player with either ores, scraps or cards. Players can gain additional cards by buying kegs with ores or through microtransactions, each keg contains five cards, with the upside that the rarest card can be chosen from 3. Cards can also be crafted with scraps.
GWENT® is as much a battle of force, as it is a battle of wits. To win, play it smart and lure your opponent into using up their cards first. Alternatively, sacrifice one round and take the game by emerging victorious in the next one.
Bring your army to the table and play for fun with friends or enter tournaments in search of fame and glory!
Story Campaign — lead mighty armies during prominent events straight from The Witcher.
Ranked Matches — rise through player-driven divisions and advance to the Pro League.
Friendly Matches — test your deck, try out new strategies, or just show off your collection of rare, animated cards.
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game News
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, May’s champion is Ilias “AretuzaAndyWand” Karamanis CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, announce that Ilias “AretuzaAndyWand” Karamanis has won the May 2018 GWENT Open tournament! Ushering the GWENT Masters rivalry into its second half, the May 2018 GWENT Open saw highest ranked Pro Ladder players face off this past weekend. The tournament’s stakes included a $25,000 prize pool and Crown Points, which serve as ranking points of GWENT’s official esports series. Players were also competing for spots in the tournament’s final, which guarantee ... Read More
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, May’s ‘Open’ tournament CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, invite gamers and esports enthusiasts to watch the May 2018 GWENT Open! The tournament, set to take place May 19th-20th, will see GWENT’s top Pro Ladder players compete for their share of the $25,000 prize pool and Crown Points, which serve as ranking points of the Witcher Card Game’s official esports series. Finalists will also claim spots in the next GWENT Challenger. Meet the participants and casters of the May GWENT Open. Quarterfinals ... Read More
- April’s GWENT Challenger – Damian “TailBot” Kaźmierczak triumphs CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, announce that Damian “TailBot” Kaźmierczak has won the April 2018 GWENT Challenger tournament. The event took place this past weekend in “Wieliczka” Salt Mine, Poland, where eight of the best GWENT players from around the world competed for their share of the $100,000 prize pool, Crown Points, as well as the Challenger winner’s gold signet ring. The tournament also revealed Kaźmierczak as the third champion, after Adrian “Lifecoach” Koy and Frederick ... Read More
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, This weekend’s tournament from a salt mine CD PROJEKT RED, creators of The Witcher series of games, would like to invite gamers and esports enthusiasts to watch this weekend’s April 2018 GWENT Challenger tournament. The event will take place April 28-29, 2018 in “Wieliczka” Salt Mine, Poland. April 2018 Challenger is the next in the series of official The Witcher Card Game tournaments. This time, the event is heading deep underground, to the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine — one of the most valuable monuments of culture in Poland, featured ... Read More
- I_aPOROgise wins the April Challenger Qualifier #2 GWENT Challenger Cameron “I_aPOROgise” Cook secured the last spot in the upcoming GWENT Challenger! The second Qualifier took place this weekend, March 24-25th, and saw 177 top Pro Ladder players fighting for the last spot in the GWENT Challenger which will take place in April in the “Wieliczka” Salt Mine. 16 best players from Day 1 of the Qualifier advanced to the second day of the tournament, where they competed in a series of best-of-five matches in a double-elimination format. In his last ... Read More
Join the ferocious Monsters or the proud warriors of Skellige and show your strength throughout a week of intense skirmishes – that’s right, a new Faction Challenge begins!
The new update for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is now available on PC, Xbox One and PS4!
Patch notes: https://playgwent.com/en/news/20573/the-swap-update-is-now-live
Check out Swim's guide to the basics of GWENT – including everything you need to know about passing!
Check out the overview of the upcoming update with Paweł Burza and Rysik!
Gold Rush ends tomorrow!
Make sure to finish your Arena run before May 22nd, 10 AM CEST. All ongoing runs will be ended (equivalent to player manually breaking the contract) and the rewards will be distributed according to the number of wins players have reached during this run.
Tune in to GWENT Open #5 quarterfinals – live now at twitch.tv/cdprojektred!