League of Legends
League of Legends (abbreviated LoL) is a multiplayer online competitive battle arena video game developed and published by Riot Games. The game was inspired by the Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne mod, Defense of the Ancients.
League of Legends is fast-paced and blends the speed and intensity of an RTS with RPG elements. Two teams of powerful champions, each with a unique design and playstyle, battle head-to-head across multiple battlefields and game modes. With an ever-expanding roster of champions, frequent updates and a thriving tournament scene, League of Legends offers endless replayability for players of every skill level.
In League of Legends, players assume the role of an unseen “summoner” that controls a “champion” with unique abilities and battle against a team of other players or computer-controlled champions. The goal is usually to destroy the opposing team’s “nexus”, a structure which lies at the heart of a base protected by defensive structures, although other distinct game modes exist as well. Each League of Legends match is discrete, with all champions starting off fairly weak but increasing in strength by accumulating items and experience over the course of the game. The champions and setting blend a variety of elements, including high fantasy, steampunk, and Lovecraftian horror.
League Championship Series (LCS)
League of Legends has an active and widespread competitive scene. In North America and Europe, Riot Games organizes the League Championship Series (LCS), located in Los Angeles and Berlin respectively, which consists of 10 professional teams in each continent. Similar regional competitions exist in China (LPL), South Korea (LCK), Taiwan (LMS), Southeast Asia (GPL), and various other regions. These regional competitions culminate with the annual World Championship.
League of Legends News
- LoL eSports – 2018 Mid-Season Invitational Event Overview LoL eSports Whether it’s your first time watching an international esports event or you just want a quick overview of what to expect at the 2018 Mid-Season Invitational, here’s your guide to the upcoming tournament: What is the 2018 Mid-Season Invitational? The 2018 Mid-Season Invitational (MSI) is an international League of Legends tournament. 14 regions will participate by sending their most recent split champion (Spring Split or Split 1) to face off against other regional champions in a fight for the title of ... Read More
- LoL eSports- Rift Rivals 2018 : LCK vs. LPL vs. LMS LoL eSports It’s almost time for the LPL to defend their title at Rift Rivals: LCK vs. LPL vs. LMS. Rift Rivals: LCK vs. LPL vs. LMS will take place on July 5-8, 2018 at the Dalian Sports Center Stadium in Dalian, China. Twelve teams — the top four Spring Split teams from each region — will compete for regional dominance. Here’s everything you need to know about Rift Rivals: LCK vs. LPL vs. LMS including format, teams, and how to watch: Format Group Stage Teams will play against equally-ranked teams from each of the other regions ... Read More
- LoL eSports – MSI 2018 Play-In Draw Results LoL eSports As we crown new split champions around the globe, the 10 teams who will face-off in the Play-In Stage of the 2018 Mid-Season Invitational (MSI) are being locked. To determine the groups for the Play-In Stage, we’ll be hosting a Play-In Draw Show on April 24th at 2:00pm CEST (5:00 AM PT). What is the Play-In Stage? The Play-In Stage is the first stage of MSI, played before the Group Stage. Teams will be split into two groups of four, where ... Read More
- LoL eSports – New Beginning for Esports in Southeast Asia LoL eSports TL;DR: We are changing the esports structure for Southeast Asia (SEA) with the goals of improving the competitive landscape and unlocking more opportunities for SEA teams. We will be retiring the GPL after Spring 2018. Moving forward the SEA Tour will be the tournament series that qualifies Southeast Asia for global events. More tournaments will be opened up to promote broader participation and competitive play across the region. From the beginning, we had the dream of turning League of Legends ... Read More
- LoL eSports – Rift Rivals: NA vs. EU returns Riot Simoorgh – LoL eSports In July, one of the age old questions shall be answered…is NA > EU or EU > NA? Rift Rivals: NA vs. EU will take place on July 5-7 at the NA LCS Studio in Los Angeles, CA. Six teams – top 3 from Spring Split from both the NA LCS and EU LCS – will compete for regional dominance. Here’s everything you need to know about Rift Rivals: NA vs. EU including format, event details, and how to ... Read More
The four top teams at #MSI2018 fought for the Champions title in Paris. Catch up on what happened with Flashback!
Take a closer look at Uzi's clutch Kai'Sa play that kickstarted RNG's comeback in the last game of the #MSI2018 Finals!
Take a closer look at BDD's Irelia solo kill on Maple from KING-ZONE DragonX's Semifinals victory against Flash Wolves! #MSI2018
KING-ZONE DragonX win 3-1 against 《Flash Wolves》閃電狼職業電競隊 and advance to the #MSI2018 Finals!