StarCraft II is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. A sequel to the 1998 video game StarCraft and its expansion set Brood War, the game is split into three installments: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, an expansion pack Heart of the Swarm, and a stand-alone expansion pack Legacy of the Void
The game revolves around three species: the Terrans, human exiles from Earth; the Zerg, a super-species of assimilated life forms; and the Protoss, a technologically advanced species with vast mental powers. Wings of Liberty focuses on the Terrans, while the expansions Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void focus on the Zerg and Protoss, respectively. The game is set four years after the events of 1998’s StarCraft: Brood War, and follows the exploits of Jim Raynor as he leads an insurgent group against the autocratic Terran Dominion. The game includes both new and returning characters and locations from the original game.
StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS)
The StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS) is part of the Battle.net World Championship Series, a series of video
The StarCraft® II World Championship Series is a year-long event allowing players from around the world to showcase their skills by competing in front of a global audience.
Players seek to accumulate WCS Points in one of two separate standings (tournament groups): WCS Korea or WCS Circuit. Together, these systems feature a prize pool, and, as players race to accumulate WCS Points, their progress is tracked in the WCS Standings. At the end of each year, the top eight players from each system compete at the WCS Global Finals for the prize pool.
- WCS Challenger North America – Upstarts Ready for Group D Challenger Padraic Murphy – Blizzard Entertainment Group D of WCS Challenger North America gets going on April 29th, featuring Jake “NoRegreT” Umpleby, Brandon “puCK” Qual, Jay “Raze” Whipple, and Jackson “Bioice” Wroblewski. The group has huge potential for unorthodox and high caliber StarCraft 2 action. NoRegret and puCK are both currently benefiting from their time spent training in Korea, NoRegret having qualified for season 1 of GSL Code S 2018. Bioice is not as accomplished as puCK or NoRegret perhaps, but he ... Read More
- WCS EU Challenger – Group of Death on Tap after Serral Handles Group C Padriac Murphy – Blizzard Entertainment With just one weekend remaining for WCS EU Challenger group play, we continue to inch closer to defining the top StarCraft 2 player in Europe. Six of the eight quarterfinalists have been decided, with Joona “Serral” Sotala and Théo “PtitDrogo” Freydière rising to victory in Group C over Aleksandr “Bly” Svusuyk and Matic “Starbuck” Dejak. For many, the most exciting player of Group C last weekend was the Finnish Zerg player, Serral. As he continues to assert his ... Read More
- A Stacked European Group Begins the Final Group of WCS Challenger Blizzard Entertainment The World Championship Series (WCS) Challenger tournament resumes its first 2018 season this weekend, and Group D will finish out the group stages as they compete for cash, WCS points, and a shot at seeding directly into WCS Austin in June. Here’s a look at who will be playing and where you can watch. Streams English: twitch.tv/starcraft (primary) German: twitch.tv/takeTv Russian: twitch.tv/starladder_sc2_ru French: twitch.tv/ogamingsc2 Polish: twitch.tv/emstarcraft Polish: twitch.tv/indystarcraft Polish: twitch.tv/esl_sc2_pl Spanish (MX): twitch.tv/copaamerica_es2 Portuguese: twitch.tv/copaamerica_pt2 Korean: twitch.tv/tvcrank For further details on the WCS Challenger program, check out our announcement page. Watch live ... Read More
- StarCraft II esports: Korea are Nation Wars V champions StarCraft II esports The StarCraft II Nation Wars V finals drew to a dramatic end last night, as Korea defeated Netherlands in Paris, France. After overcoming Finland in the semi-finals, Korea maintained their lethal momentum to beat Netherlands 5-3 in a hard-fought best-of-nine final. Dutch Terran player Marc “uThermal” Schlappi helped his team make a fast start, taking the first two games of the series. However, he hit a wall in the form of Korea’s Lee “INnoVation” Shin Hyung—also playing Terran—who won ... Read More
- WCS Global Finals Returns to BlizzCon Blizzard Entertainment With a $500,000 prize pool—plus additional prizing from the War Chest—and global acclaim on the line, the ultimate StarCraft II tournament returns to BlizzCon this November. For the sixth annual World Championship Series (WCS) Global Finals at BlizzCon, eight players from the WCS Circuit will join the top eight players from Korea at the BlizzCon Opening Week group stage on October 26. For three days, these powerhouses will do battle in a double-elimination, best-of-three group stage. Only eight will make ... Read More
"The enemy will never get past me!" 😎
See new tweaks coming to Nova in Co-op, from units to masteries!
A new patch is rolling out with bug fixes and more!
Season 2 is live in North America feat. new 1v1 and Team maps for the ladder!
"We are the blades of Aiur!" ✊
🎨 Se June Cheun
Read 👀 about upcoming changes to Terran including a nerf to anti-armor missile and buffs to Viking and Marauder!
Learn how to combine Mira Han's reckless mercenaries + Matt Horner's military precision in TLnet's helpful guide!
We sat down with Artosis and Geoff Robinson (iNcontroL) to discuss The Pylon Show!
Learn about the show and their unique take on the StarCraft competitive scene.
New maps are coming soon along with Season 2!
The next evolution of one of StarCraft II’s most popular Arcade maps is now available with Patch 4.3.0!
Ever wanted to step into the shoes of a pro player? 🤔
Find out what it takes to make it to BlizzCon in the upcoming documentary by the folks at Gamechangers: Dreams of BlizzCon