Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege, Team Liquid wins season 7
Ubisoft® announces that the Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six® Pro League Season 7 Finals has crowned a new champion, Team Liquid. Led by an impressive André ‘Nesk’ Oliveira, the Brazilian roster beat the current world champion PENTA Sports in an epic grand final. Taking place at Harrah’s Resort Atlantic City Hotel & Casino, the Season 7 Finals gathered the eight best teams across the world, two teams from each of the four Pro League regions: Asia-Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America.
The Season 7 finals also showcased important announcements for the future of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six eSports scene, regarding the upcoming Pro League Season 8 and the Six Major Paris.
The Six Major Paris, the first edition of a new annual Major event in addition to the Six Invitational, and the next LAN event for Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six eSports, will take place from August 13th to 19th in Paris. The event’s qualification format has been announced and will be permanent for all forthcoming Six Majors, with sixteen teams qualified as such:
- Previous Six Invitational winner
- 8 Pro League finalist teams from Season (2 per region)
- 5 Open Qualifiers, one per region (4) and a fifth slot being attributed based on the last Pro League Season’s Final performance
- 1 previous Dreamhack winner
- 1 host-country qualified
With this Six Major qualification format announced, we now know the first eight teams qualified for the Six Major Paris:
- PENTA Sports (Europe) – as Six Invitational 2018 winner
- Team Liquid (Brazil), FaZe Clan (Brazil), Evil Geniuses (US), Rogue (US), Fnatic (Australia), NORA-Rengo (Japan), Millenium (France) – as Pro League season 7 finalists
Here are the remaining eight qualifying slots for the Six Major Paris:
- Open Qualifiers: there will be 6 slots instead of 5 as PENTA Sports (Europe) won both the Six Invitational 2018 and qualified for the Pro League Season 7 Finals. Based on the results during these Season 7 Finals in Atlantic City, the fifth and sixth open qualifiers slots will be attributed to Latin-America and Europe.
- The winner of Dreamhack Valencia, at the latest Dreamhack ahead of the Major
- The winner of the French Cup, the Final Stage will take place on June 23-24 in Paris
After an intense group phase, eight of the sixteen qualified teams will proceed to the Six Major Paris’ final phase, held at the Paris Expo – Porte de Versailles from August 17th to 19th. Fans can still get their tickets for the event. In Paris, teams will be competing for a total prize pool of $350,000, bringing the grand total prize pool across all official year 2018-2019 tournaments to an unprecedented $1,400,000.
Kicking off last March 2018, Season 7 launched the third year of Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Pro League. It was a transition season, the last one following the previous three months-based format and paving the way for the new Pro League format, announced back in January and detailed this weekend. Each year will now be comprised of two six-month long Pro League Seasons. A format that will begin with Season 8 next month. Additional details on Years 2018-2020 Pro League format can be found here.
For more information about Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Pro League, please visit http://www.rainbow6.com/esports.
About Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
Inspired by real-world counter-terrorist organizations, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege puts players in the middle of lethal close-quarter confrontations. For the first time in a Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six game, players will engage in sieges, a new style of assault where enemies have the means to transform their environments into modern strongholds while Rainbow Six teams lead the assault to breach the enemy’s position. Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege gives players unprecedented control over their ability to fortify their position by reinforcing walls and floors, using barbed wire and deployable shields, laying mines and more, or to breach the enemies’ position using observation drones, setting charges, rappelling and more. The fast pace and uniqueness of each siege sets a new bar for intense firefights, strategic gameplay and competitive gaming.