H1Z1 is a battle royale video game developed by Daybreak Game Company. The game’s development began after the original H1Z1 was spun off into two separate projects in February 2016: H1Z1: Just Survive and H1Z1: King of the Kill. The games were further split as separate projects in October 2017, with Just Survive dropping the H1Z1 name, and King of the Kill becoming simply H1Z1.
H1Z1® is a fast-paced, single-elimination, massive arena shooter where every moment counts and 150 battle-hardened players fight to the death in a robust and detailed world. Search for weapons, ammo, armor, vehicles, and supplies to get a leg up on your competition and be the last one standing. Players can choose to play solo, in a duo, or in groups of five, with the goal of being the final person or final team remaining.
Players start each match by parachuting in from a random location above the map. Once they land, they must search for a way to defend themselves. This can take the form of anything from grabbing a weapon and actively hunting other players, to hiding while other players kill one another. Vehicles are placed throughout the world, allowing players to chase down opponents or make a quick getaway. Players can scavenge a variety of supplies from their surroundings, including weapons, equipment, and first aid kits. The game also features a crafting system that allows players to create makeshift tools, such as deconstructing scavenged items into functional bandages or body armor.
As the game progresses, a toxic gas cloud compresses the map, dealing damage to players who remain in it. This effectively makes the playable portion of the map smaller, so that players are eventually forced to confront one another in close quarters. The gas spreads in timed increments, dealing a greater degree of damage in the later stages of the match.
The H1Z1 virus spread fast, like a super aggressive influenza, affecting most of the world’s population. The infected suffered dementia, an unnatural aggressiveness, and an instinct for cannibalism. They became able to regenerate their wounds over time, unless their brain was destroyed or their bodies burnt. They turned into zombies.
A very small subset of the infected experienced an unexplainable variation in the H1Z1 symptoms. They acquired the ability to regenerate, but kept all their mental faculties and suffered none of the aggressive behavior. Nicknamed Z1s by the media, they came from every walk of life and soon found themselves falling into the role of heroes.
- H1Z1: Battle Royale, out of open beta and on the PS4Daybreak Games® today announced that H1Z1: Battle Royale™, the original standalone battle royale shooter, has left Open Beta and officially launched as a free-to-play game on PlayStation®4. “Everyone here at Daybreak Games is thrilled with the overwhelmingly positive response to H1Z1’s debut on PS4,” said H1Z1 Producer Terrence Yee. “Ten million new players in our first month in Open Beta is an incredible milestone, and our entire development team has worked tirelessly to build on that early success. We’re beyond excited ...Read More
- H1Z1: Just Survive, Open beta phase for ‘Battle Royale’ on PS4Daybreak Games® announced that H1Z1®: Battle Royale, the original standalone battle royale game, is now available for free on PlayStation® 4. The battle royale shooter is currently in Open Beta with a full release scheduled for later this year. H1Z1 has been redesigned specifically for PlayStation 4 players, with a larger weapon arsenal - six new weapons - and fully reworked UI among the new features. Matches are fast and frantic. The encroaching ring of toxic gas moves quickly while the ...Read More
- H1Z1: Just Survive, Free-to-play edition heading to PS4Daybreak Games® announced that H1Z1®, the original standalone battle royale game, is coming to PlayStation® 4. Open Beta begins May 22, 2018. H1Z1 on PS4™ is designed specifically for the console and focuses exclusively on the core elements that make battle royale exciting. The game features a new weapon progression system, fully reworked UI, and new weapons and gear. “H1Z1 on PS4 is true battle royale mayhem. We have reimagined the game for PlayStation 4 and have designed it to accentuate the ...Read More
- H1Z1 Pro League’s player point of views on demandEver watch a match and wonder what your favorite player was doing while the stream was showing action from other players across the map? Wish you could replay your favorite moment over and over again? Want to study how the pros play to better your game? Wonder no more because the H1Z1 Pro League is introducing player point of views on demand! Immediately after each match is played, every single players’ point of view from the match will be uploaded to ...Read More
- H1Z1 Pro League Inaugural Season 2018H1Z1 Pro League The inaugural H1Z1 Pro League season premieres on April 21 at 7PM PT, live on Facebook so you won't miss a second of the fight to be the last team standing. H1Z1 Pro League 2018 Schedule - Starting on April 21, 2018 Premiere Saturday 4/21/18 7PM to 9PM PT April 25, 2018 Split 1 – Game 2 Wednesday 4/25/2018 7PM to 9PM PT May 2, 2018 Split 1 – Game 3 Wednesday 5/2/2018 7PM to 9PM PT May 9, 2018 Split 1 – Game 4 Wednesday 5/9/2018 7PM to 9PM PT May 16, 2018 Split 1 – Game 5 Wednesday 5/16/2018 7PM to ...Read More