World of Warcraft
World of Warcraft (WoW) is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) released in 2004 by Blizzard Entertainment. It is the fourth released game set in the fantasy Warcraft universe. World of Warcraft takes place within the Warcraft world of Azeroth, approximately four years after the events at the conclusion of Blizzard’s previous Warcraft release, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. Blizzard Entertainment announced World of Warcraft on September 2, 2001. The game was released on November 23, 2004, on the 10th anniversary of the Warcraft franchise.
World of Warcraft Arena World Championship
In the World of Warcraft Arena World Championship, teams from across the globe battle their way through their respective regions to prove themselves worthy on the field of battle. The top 12 teams will meet up at BlizzCon to compete for their share of the prize pool and to see who takes home the title of Arena World Champion.
The World of Warcraft Arena World Championship involves some of the best players from all over the globe. After months of heated and hard-won battles, the tournament culminates in several brutal arena battles at BlizzCon, where we’ll crown the victorious team Arena World Champions.
Before they’re able to compete at the Arena World Championship Finals at BlizzCon, teams will need to prove themselves against teams in their own region, starting with the Arena Cups. Arena Cups are online 3v3 Arena tournaments hosted by Blizzard that are open to players of all skill levels to join, with cash rewards in addition to points for North America and Europe. Starting in late summer, the top 12 point-earning teams will be invited to compete at their Regional Championships, where they will be seeded based on their point total from the entire year.
Points can be earned from the Arena Cups hosted by Blizzard, but also from community tournaments that have been approved to reward points. There are a lot of chances to earn points throughout the year!
If you think your team has what it takes to compete, be sure to check out the official rules to ensure you’re eligible.
Things really start to heat up once we get to the Regional Championship stage! Twelve teams will be headed to both the North American and European Regional events, eight teams will be invited to the China and Asia Pacific Regional events, and four teams will compete at the Latin America Regional event. Players will be fighting for their share of the regional prize pool
Unlike the previous rounds, all of the different regional championships are live LAN events, with players playing on stage instead of from home. Playing on stage with the same setup and equipment puts players on a level playing field, and separates the pretenders from true Arena Champions. Tensions will be high, but it’s good practice for BlizzCon, where they’ll be playing in front of massive crowds of cheering fans this November!
This year’s World Championship has leveled up, with teams from NA, Europe, China, and Latin America invited. 12 teams from across the world will finally converge at BlizzCon where they’ll compete for their share of the prize pool. The 12 qualifying teams will include four teams from North America, four teams from Europe, two teams from China, one team from Latin America, and one team from Asia Pacific.
The action at BlizzCon can get chaotic in an instant. Unlike the regional championships, there’s a good chance that teams will find themselves facing off against teams they’ve never encountered before. Different regional strategies can lead to upsets and unpredictable results, so don’t miss a single game of action!
World of Warcraft News
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King – A Pandemic System GameBlizzard Entertainment and Z-Man Games announced World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King® - A Pandemic System Board Game. Join forces with classic World of Warcraft heroes as you take down the forces of the Lich King in this journey across Azeroth. Wrath of the Lich King combines the classic co-operative Pandemic gameplay system with the iconic World of Warcraft universe featuring legendary characters, daunting battles, and intricate quests. World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King - A Pandemic System Board Game launches this Fall for an MSRP of ...Read More
- World of Warcraft, Burning Crusade Classic is AvailableThe Dark Portal has opened once again, and beyond it lies a timeless era of adventure. World of Warcraft players will rediscover the wondrous landscapes and mythic challenges awaiting them in the shattered realm of Outland as Burning Crusade Classic™, Blizzard Entertainment’s authentic recreation of the legendary first World of Warcraft® expansion, launches around the globe. In Burning Crusade Classic, the heroes of the Horde and the Alliance set out on an excursion to the fel-scarred, alien world of Draenor, where the demonic Burning Legion is ...Read More
- World of Warcraft: Burning Crusade Classic, Return to Outland on June 1You are not prepared!” Fourteen years ago, Illidan Stormrage issued that thunderous warning to those who would dare confront him in the shattered realm of Outland. Starting June 1, heroes of Azeroth new and old will have the opportunity to gather their courage and rally their allies to face the Betrayer once again with the worldwide launch of World of Warcraft®: Burning Crusade Classic™. Burning Crusade Classic, Blizzard Entertainment’s authentic recreation of the acclaimed first World of Warcraft expansion, sends players back through the Dark Portal ...Read More
- The Arena World Championship, Season 1 Finals Beginning May 1The top teams from the Arena World Championship (AWC) Circuit are competing this weekend for their share of the $200,000 (USD) global prize pool in the Season 1 Finals! From more than 200 teams competing in Cup 1, to only four teams remaining in both Europe and North America, the final contest for which teams will reign supreme is here. The top four teams in each region from the AWC Circuit face off this weekend for their share of the $200,000 ...Read More
- World of Warcraft Classic, ‘Burning Crusade Classic’ expansion inboundBeyond the Dark Portal in the shattered realm of Outland, the armies of the demonic Burning Legion prepare for an invasion that threatens the entire world of Azeroth. Later this year, World of Warcraft® players will return to the fel-scarred ruin of Hellfire Peninsula to stop the incursion at its source; rediscover what lurks below the fungal forests of Zangarmarsh; and face down Illidan the Betrayer once again in Burning Crusade Classic™, Blizzard Entertainment’s authentic recreation of the acclaimed first World of Warcraft expansion. “The World of ...Read More