GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is a collectible card game developed by CD Projekt RED.
The game is derived from the card game of the same name featured in Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher novels and playable in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt video game.
Gwent is a turn-based card game between two players, each player must play one card each turn from a deck of twenty-five to forty cards with a faction that offers different play styles and unique abilities. The goal is to win two out of three rounds by playing cards and spells to gain strength on the board. Winning two rounds rewards the player with either ores, scraps or cards. Players can gain additional cards by buying kegs with ores or through microtransactions, each keg contains five cards, with the upside that the rarest card can be chosen from 3. Cards can also be crafted with scraps.
GWENT® is as much a battle of force, as it is a battle of wits. To win, play it smart and lure your opponent into using up their cards first. Alternatively, sacrifice one round and take the game by emerging victorious in the next one.
Bring your army to the table and play for fun with friends or enter tournaments in search of fame and glory!
Story Campaign — lead mighty armies during prominent events straight from The Witcher.
Ranked Matches — rise through player-driven divisions and advance to the Pro League.
Friendly Matches — test your deck, try out new strategies, or just show off your collection of rare, animated cards.
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game News
- The Witcher: Monster Slayer, AR RPG is outAvailable now for free on iOS and Android, The Witcher: Monster Slayer is a brand new game set in The Witcher universe. Developed and published by Spokko, the game challenges players to take on the role of a freshly trained witcher adept and step out into a dark fantasy realm using only their mobile phone. Using advanced AR features, as well as their location and the time of day, players will be able to hunt down over 100 witcher-world monsters both ...Read More
- WitcherCon, Lots of stuff happenedOn July 9th and 10th, CD PROJEKT RED and Netflix presented WitcherCon — a global online celebration of The Witcher franchise featuring numerous panels and announcements related to the world of The Witcher video games and the Netflix series. Streaming to Twitch and YouTube, WitcherCon was aired over two separate streams containing many fun and eventful panels focused around different aspects of the world of The Witcher — as well as content unique to each stream. Some of the highlights from ...Read More
- WitcherCon, Online celebration of all things Witcher fully scheduled upAmongst the line up, CD PROJEKT RED will be hosting numerous panels. In Memories from the Path: Stories Behind The Witcher Games, developers and key figures from the creation of The Witcher series of games discuss how they bring stories to life in digital worlds, while also reminiscing about favorite moments — and forgotten relics — from the games. In Monster Slayer:Live the Life of a Witcher, the team at Spokko will help gamers prepare to become a witcher themselves by showing off what ...Read More
- WitcherCon, Two days of Witchery begin on Friday, July 9thCD PROJEKT RED and Netflix announced the virtual fan event WitcherCon, unveiling the date and first details of their global online celebration of The Witcher franchise. The announcement was teased via a Twitter conversation between the two companies, who are coming together to present the first ever multi-format event dedicated to The Witcher universe. Taking place on Friday July 9th 2021, WitcherCon is an epic event for Witcher fans old and new, bringing together the worlds of The Witcher video games and the ...Read More
- GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, Price of Power Expansion SetPrice of Power is an Expansion Set consisting of three story-related expansions for GWENT, with the main theme of magic and how different factions seek out, fight for, or exploit its power. Once Upon A Pyre is the first expansion of the set. It introduces 26 new cards, bringing fresh strategies to players’ arsenals, and kicks off the storyline behind the Price of Power set. The Once Upon A Pyre expansion is available for free download right across all supported platforms. Several time-limited offers tied to the new ...Read More