GWENT: The Witcher Card Game
Gwent: The Witcher Card Game is a collectible card game developed by CD Projekt RED.
The game is derived from the card game of the same name featured in Andrzej Sapkowski’s The Witcher novels and playable in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt video game.
Gwent is a turn-based card game between two players, each player must play one card each turn from a deck of twenty-five to forty cards with a faction that offers different play styles and unique abilities. The goal is to win two out of three rounds by playing cards and spells to gain strength on the board. Winning two rounds rewards the player with either ores, scraps or cards. Players can gain additional cards by buying kegs with ores or through microtransactions, each keg contains five cards, with the upside that the rarest card can be chosen from 3. Cards can also be crafted with scraps.
GWENT® is as much a battle of force, as it is a battle of wits. To win, play it smart and lure your opponent into using up their cards first. Alternatively, sacrifice one round and take the game by emerging victorious in the next one.
Bring your army to the table and play for fun with friends or enter tournaments in search of fame and glory!
Story Campaign — lead mighty armies during prominent events straight from The Witcher.
Ranked Matches — rise through player-driven divisions and advance to the Pro League.
Friendly Matches — test your deck, try out new strategies, or just show off your collection of rare, animated cards.
GWENT: The Witcher Card Game News
- WitcherCon, Two days of Witchery begin on Friday, July 9thCD PROJEKT RED and Netflix announced the virtual fan event WitcherCon, unveiling the date and first details of their global online celebration of The Witcher franchise. The announcement was teased via a Twitter conversation between the two companies, who are coming together to present the first ever multi-format event dedicated to The Witcher universe. Taking place on Friday July 9th 2021, WitcherCon is an epic event for Witcher fans old and new, bringing together the worlds of The Witcher video games and the ...Read More
- GWENT: The Witcher Card Game, Price of Power Expansion SetPrice of Power is an Expansion Set consisting of three story-related expansions for GWENT, with the main theme of magic and how different factions seek out, fight for, or exploit its power. Once Upon A Pyre is the first expansion of the set. It introduces 26 new cards, bringing fresh strategies to players’ arsenals, and kicks off the storyline behind the Price of Power set. The Once Upon A Pyre expansion is available for free download right across all supported platforms. Several time-limited offers tied to the new ...Read More
- GWENT World Champion, KOLEMOEN Earns the TitleThe long-awaited, epic conclusion to GWENT’s first competitive season took place this past weekend. GWENT World Masters, which was streamed live on Twitch, saw the eight best players from GWENT Masters Season 1 compete for the lion’s share of a $250,000 prize pool. Battling through the Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and the Grand Final itself, KOLEMOEN earned the title of GWENT World Champion. Relive GWENT World Masters on the official CD PROJEKT RED Twitch channel. The final tournament prize pool distribution and standings are as follows: WINNER Benjamin ‘Kolemoen’ Pfannstiel (Germany) FINALISTS Benjamin ‘Kolemoen’ Pfannstiel (Germany) — $119,000 Frederick ...Read More
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, ‘Price of Power’ Expansion SetCD PROJEKT RED announced the upcoming release of Price of Power, the first-ever Expansion Set for GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. The set’s first entry — Once Upon a Pyre — is coming to PC, Apple M1 Macs, iOS, and Android on June 8th, 2021. Price of Power is a set consisting of three story-related expansions for GWENT with the main theme of magic and how different factions seek out, fight for, or exploit its power. The first expansion of the Price of Power set — Once Upon A Pyre — ...Read More
- Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, ‘Journey’ returns for fifth seasonCD PROJEKT RED announced that Journey is back for a fifth season in GWENT: The Witcher Card Game. Players can start levelling up once again to unlock brand new, exclusive rewards for free right now on PC, Apple M1 Macs, iOS, and Android. Journey is GWENT’s progression system which rewards players as they level up by earning victories in the game’s Standard, Seasonal, and Draft mode matches. Season 5 brings over 100 levels to unlock, each containing exclusive avatars as well as Reward ...Read More