Vainglory is a video game developed and published by Super Evil Megacorp for iOS and Android devices. The game is a simplified version of the PC-based MOBA genre wherein two opposing teams of three players fight to destroy the enemy base by controlling the path between the bases, which is lined by turrets and guarded by AI controlled enemy creatures. Off the path, players battle for control points that provide resources. The game was released for IOS in November 2014, after being soft-launched for over half a year, with the Android version being released in July 2015.
Vainglory is a multiplayer online battle arena (MOBA) game which has a little bit of similarities to the popular MOBAs League of Legends and Dota 2 but designed for smartphones and tablets. As standard for the genre, two opposing teams fight to reach and destroy the enemy’s base while defending their own in a tug of war for control of a path, the “lane”, which connects the bases. In addition, there is a “jungle” beneath the lane, which contains creatures and objectives that can be killed or captured.
In Vainglory, teams have three players who each control an avatar, known as a “hero”, from their own device. Weaker computer-controlled characters, called “minions”, spawn at team bases and follow the lane to the opposite team’s base, fighting enemies and turrets en route. Lining the lane are turret towers that repel the flow of minions and enemy heroes. The player’s objective is to destroy the enemy turrets and the “Vain Crystal” in the enemy team’s base.
- VPL Preseason Week 3 PreviewVainglory Malene Now Available in Competitive Play Tune in for Week 3 of the European and North American VPL Preseason where for the first time, you’ll have the opportunity to see pro teams use Update 3.2’s new form-swapping hero, Malene, on Sovereign’s Rise. EUROPE: WILL QLASH’S DOMINANCE CONTINUE? European matches kick off at 9:00AM PDT this weekend (4/27). Watch Qlash, currently the most dominant team in the region at 4-0, lead the charge on both days. The story for Europe this weekend is all ...Read More
- Vainglory – European VPL Preseason Invitational Teams AnnouncementVainglory We are excited to introduce the teams competing in the European 2018 Preseason Invitational for the first ever Vainglory 5V5 competitive season. Preseason will not have any direct implications on the remainder of the year, but this is still a crucial time for teams to build the synergy and strategies that will help them rise to the top! As well as entertain us at home. The first matches for Europe begin at 9AM PDT / 5PM GMT on Saturday, April ...Read More
- Vainglory – North American VPL Preseason Invitational Teams AnnouncementVainglory We are excited to introduce the teams competing in the North American 2018 Preseason Invitational for the first ever Vainglory 5V5 competitive season. Preseason will not have any direct implications on the remainder of the year, but this is still a crucial time for teams to build the synergy and strategies that will help them rise to the top! As well as entertain us at home. The first matches for North America begin at 1PM PDT / 9PM GMT on ...Read More
- Vainglory Premier League: 2018 Challenger SeriesVainglory Premier League A new challenger approaches! The VPL Preseason is kicking off in just under a month while the Challenger Series for North America and Europe will be spinning up soon after. Running alongside both the preseason and main season of the VPL, Challengers gives aspiring players the opportunity to test their skills against one another for a chance to make it into the VPL in 2019, or perhaps even earlier! Let’s take a look at how Challengers will run in 2018… CHALLENGER ...Read More
- Introducing the Vainglory Premier LeagueVainglory eSports 2017 was an unforgettable year for Vainglory esports: New global partnerships forged, new champions crowned and new foundations laid for what’s already shaping up to be a massive step forward for 2018 competitive play. Today, we’re excited to reveal what’s coming next: Introducing the Vainglory Premier League! VPL will, for the first time ever, feature Vainglory 5V5 as Vainglory’s official competitive game mode. Here’s how it’ll work for players competing in North American and European regions: PRESEASON Preseason has no competitive implications toward ...Read More