Capcom Pro Tour 2018
Capcom Pro Tour 2018 is in full gear and with our tournament schedule finalized, we can now reveal the dates and details for CPT Online Ranking Events, starting April 14 in Latin America.
Once again, CPT Online Ranking Events will take place in North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia (AS), and Latin America (LATAM). There will be four online events per region, which will be split into two events per sub-region, for a total of 16 events.
Earning points are important and we’re excited to offer another opportunity for players to compete on the Capcom Pro Tour without having to travel to events around the world. CPT Online Ranking Events will follow a similar structure to CPT Ranking Events, including using the same point distribution model.
To register for any of the upcoming CPT Online events, please check your assigned region below and go to the official CPTO Smash.GG page to complete your registration for your respective tournament. For dates on future events, rules and eligibility, please see the details below.
Online Tournament Process
Learn how to sign up, communicate, and troubleshoot online tournaments by utilizing Level Up’s Online Tournament Process Guide at https://bit.ly/cpto2018
• Must have a PlayStation Network or Steam account
• Must be 13 years of age or older
• Must reside in the corresponding region per event
• Must have a minimum of 3Mbps upload speed. Use http://speedtest.net to verify your connection speed
• Cannot enter with multiple PlayStation Network or Steam accounts
North America 10am PST
West 1: April 28
West 2: July 7
East 1: October 1
East 2: November 10
Europe 10am BST
West 1: May 5
East 1: June 9
West 2: July 14
East 2: August 18
Latin America 10am BRT/PST
North 1: April 14
South 1: May 12
North 2: July 28
South 2: August 18
Asia 10am SST for Southeast 1 and 2 / 10am JST for East 1 and 2
Southeast 1: June 2
East 1: June 23
Southeast 2: July 21
East 2: September 2
• Pools start at 10am local time and top 8 finalists will be streamed on http://twitch.tv/capcomfighters at 4pm from their respective regions.
• Top 8 will be best 3 out of 5 games.
North America West:
• United States: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wyoming,
• Canada: Alberta, British Columbia, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Nunavut, Saskatchewan, Yukon
North America East:
• United States: Alabama, Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin
• Canada: New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec
• Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom
• Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Estonia, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Ukraine
Latin America North:
• Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Puerto Rico, Republic of Panama
Latin America South:
• Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, Venezuela
• Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
• Hong Kong, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan
The full Capcom Pro Tour 2018 ruleset can be found here: https://capcomprotour.com/rules/
• Double elimination
• 99 seconds per round
• Best 2 out of 3 rounds
• Best 2 out of 3 games for pool group play
• Best 3 out of 5 games for Top 8 finals
• Winner must keep the same character and loser can switch to any character
• Kanzuki Beach, The Grid, Flamenco Tavern, and Skies of Honor stages are not permitted
• R. Mika Professional Costume (pom-poms) is not permitted
If players cannot connect to each other, the following rules applies:
1. The player with the least amount of games lost automatically moves forward. In case of a tie, rule 2 will be implemented.
2. Both players are sent to loser’s bracket if they cannot connect to each other and are tied in least amount of games lost.
• If there is any dispute arising from an Online Event, players must submit a screenshot or share video footage to Level Up LLC, the administrator of Online Events (“Administrator”) for review.
• Administrators will resolve disputes on a case by case basis.
• No shows and or late arrivals will be sent to loser’s bracket and eventually disqualified if the issue persists.
• Players are subject to disqualification in case of foul play or any hindrance to the tournament at Administrator’s discretion.