Intel Extreme Masters
Eight invited and eight qualified – a total of 16 CS:GO teams will compete at this year’s IEM World Championship Katowice. With the invited teams having recently been revealed, all is left is keeping a close eye to the regional qualifiers as teams fight for the remaining slots.
The first region to have concluded its qualifiers is Asia, as the final match was played earlier today. All teams gave it their all for a chance to compete at the world’s largest esports event but it was TyLoo who bested all of their opponents and will travel to Katowice.
Closed qualifier results
- MVP PK vs. Flash Gaming 2-0
- B.O.O.T. vs. Signature Gaming 1-2
- TyLoo vs. MVP PK 2-1
- The MongolZ vs. Signature Gaming 1-2
Winners’ bracket finals
- TyLoo vs. Signature Gaming 2-0
- Flash Gaming vs. The MongolZ 2-1
- B.O.O.T. vs. MVP PK 1-2
- Flash Gaming vs. MVP PK 0-2
- Signature Gaming vs. MVP PK 1-2
- TyLoo vs. MVP PK 3-0 (default, 16-4 on cobblestone, 16-11 on inferno)
See you in Katowice
Congratulations to TyLoo – we look forward to seeing you in Katowice! Seven tournament slots remain to be claimed as we still need the winners of the Oceania, EU, and NA qualifiers to be determined.You can find all qualifier dates here, and be sure to follow IEM on Twitter and Facebook for all updates, live coverage, and more.
If you’re finding yourself in need of a ticket to the event – the third wave goes on sale January 30th at 16:00 CET!