Call of Duty
Call of Duty is a first-person shooter video game franchise. The series began on Microsoft Windows, and later expanded to consoles and handhelds. Several spin-off games have been released. The earlier games in the series are set primarily in World War II, but later games like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are set in modern times or in futuristic settings.
Call of Duty World League (CWL)
The Call of Duty World League is a Call of Duty eSports league that began in January 2016.
The Call of Duty World League season consists of several major competitive events and a CWL Pro League season, all leading up to the Call of Duty World League Championship in the fall.
The Call of Duty World League is comprised of two Divisions – The Pro Division and The Challenge Division – each of which feed into the grand finale of the competitive Call of Duty season, and one of the biggest events in eSports, the Call of Duty Championship.
The Pro Division
The Pro Division is year-round, and includes teams in North America, Europe, and Australia and New Zealand. The teams battle throughout the year in regional competition during The Pro Division regular season to earn their ticket to the Call of Duty Championship.
The Challenge Division
The Challenge Division is minor compared to the Pro Division, focusing on amateurs and aspiring pro-players. The Challenge Division provides a path for amateur and other aspiring pro players to compete with each other and enhance their competitive skills as well. The winning teams in The Challenge Division earn a spot in the Call of Duty Championship by competing in a series of official LAN events.
Call of Duty News
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Coming October 17, 2018 It’s time to soldier up because Black Ops is back! The series which has become the most played in Call of Duty® history as well as a cultural phenomenon around the globe returns October 12th with the release of Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, a gritty, grounded, all-out combat experience. Black Ops 4 raises the bar for Multiplayer mode that increases tactical gameplay and player choice, along with the biggest Zombies offering ever with three full experiences at launch, and Blackout, where the Black Ops universe comes to life in a massive battle royale experience ... Read More
- Call of Duty Endowment, ‘Seal of Distinction’ submissions phase The Call of Duty Endowment today begins its application process for the sixth annual “Seal of Distinction” Awards, recognizing U.S. and U.K. based non-profits that demonstrate the highest levels of effectiveness, efficiency, and integrity in placing ex-service personnel into high-quality jobs. The prestigious award for grantees is accompanied by a £23,000 unrestricted grant, as well as the opportunity to apply for future funding. Past beneficiaries include: Goodwill Southern California, Goodwill of the Olympics and Rainer Region, NextOp, RFEA – The Forces ... Read More
- CWL Seattle Recap Call of Duty World League The 2018 Call of Duty World League Seattle Open, Presented by PlayStation 4, gave CWL fans perspective on where their favorite teams stand after Rostermania took the league by storm in mid-April. Rise Nation, who recently swapped out Anthony “Methodz” Zinni for Austin “SlasheR” Liddicoat, stole the CWL Seattle Open championship from the Evil Geniuses, beating them in back-to-back Grand Finals series after making an incredible Losers Bracket run. Here’s what happened over four incredible days of CWL ... Read More
- 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship Headed to Columbus The year’s biggest competitive Call of Duty® event of the season, the 2018 Call of Duty World League Championship, Presented by PlayStation®4, is headed to Columbus, Ohio, on August 15 – 19, 2018. The definitive competition for the best Call of Duty® esports players from around the world will take place at the Nationwide Arena August 17 – 19, 2018 and will close a record-setting season, featuring $4.2 million in total prizing. The first two days of competition (August 15 ... Read More
- Call of Duty: WWII Alexa Skill Call of Duty®: WWII players will have an additional ally on their side with the Call of Duty Alexa Skill. Created by Activision and available in Beta, the Call of Duty Alexa Skill features an array of support options, including personalized player recommendations, updates on in-game achievements and the ability to stay connected with and compare your play with friends. Did you just play a match of Call of Duty: WWII and want to know how you did, as well ... Read More