Call of Duty
Call of Duty is a first-person shooter video game franchise. The series began on Microsoft Windows, and later expanded to consoles and handhelds. Several spin-off games have been released. The earlier games in the series are set primarily in World War II, but later games like Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare are set in modern times or in futuristic settings.
Call of Duty World League (CWL)
The Call of Duty World League is a Call of Duty eSports league that began in January 2016.
The Call of Duty World League season consists of several major competitive events and a CWL Pro League season, all leading up to the Call of Duty World League Championship in the fall.
The Call of Duty World League is comprised of two Divisions – The Pro Division and The Challenge Division – each of which feed into the grand finale of the competitive Call of Duty season, and one of the biggest events in eSports, the Call of Duty Championship.
The Pro Division
The Pro Division is year-round, and includes teams in North America, Europe, and Australia and New Zealand. The teams battle throughout the year in regional competition during The Pro Division regular season to earn their ticket to the Call of Duty Championship.
The Challenge Division
The Challenge Division is minor compared to the Pro Division, focusing on amateurs and aspiring pro-players. The Challenge Division provides a path for amateur and other aspiring pro players to compete with each other and enhance their competitive skills as well. The winning teams in The Challenge Division earn a spot in the Call of Duty Championship by competing in a series of official LAN events.
Call of Duty News
- Call of Duty World League 2019 Season By: CWL League Ops In 2015, Call of Duty esports was forever changed with the beginning of the Call of Duty World League. During what would be known as the 2016 CWL season, the esports’ top competitors competed in region-based leagues for the opportunity to compete at the first ever CWL Championship. The 2017 season expanded upon this concept, introducing the offline Pro League so the best Call of Duty players from around the world could compete in consistent high-level matches. It ... Read More
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 – $500 Million in Worldwide Sales in First Three Days Activision’s Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 has sold more than $500 million in sell-through worldwide in its first three days of release as the total number of players climbed from last year. Through its first three days of release, Black Ops 4 set a new Call of Duty® franchise record for most combined players, average hours per player and total number of hours played, on current generation consoles. The combined number of Black Ops 4 players across its three ... Read More
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, Available worldwide Black Ops 4 is here! The best-selling series in Call of Duty® returns with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is available, digitally and at global retailers worldwide. The most anticipated multi-platform game of this holiday according to Nielsen Game RankÔ, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 delivers a game-changing experience with more ways to play together with friends than ever before. “Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 is packed with an amazing array and a massive amount of content across ... Read More
- Call of Duty World League fourth season plans the Call of Duty® World League, presented by PlayStation®4, unveiled plans for an all-new season of the CWL, which will feature the highly-anticipated Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4. The upcoming season will usher in a new level of competition featuring five vs. five team play, single season CWL Pro League format, a dedicated amateur circuit featuring its own prizing and the largest overall purse in league history of $6 million. The action will kick-off following Call of Duty: Black ... Read More
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, ‘Blackout’ gameplay trailer Activision and Treyarch released a brand new gameplay trailer for Blackout, Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’s all-new Battle Royale mode that delivers signature Call of Duty gameplay immersed in Classic Environments and Characters from the Black Ops universe. Blackout drops players into a last-player-standing experience that is uniquely Black Ops. A true celebration of the series, Blackout features fan-favorite characters, weapons and iconic parts of classic maps, all in the largest map in franchise history complete with land, sea and air vehicles. And, starting Monday, September ... Read More