The Overwatch League, the first major global esports league with city-based teams, was designed to celebrate the best of the best in the hit Blizzard Entertainment title Overwatch. The League’s goal is to create the world’s premier esports league, where teams and players thrive for years to come.
The Overwatch League’s teams are permanent franchises representing major cities across the globe. The Atlantic and Pacific Divisions, comprising six teams each, share a fierce hunger for the Overwatch League championship.
Overwatch League News
- Washington Justice New Team FacilityThe Washington Justice announced the opening of a new team facility, located on 7 Street in the heart of Penn Quarter, Washington, D.C. From location to equipment, this top tier gaming facility will play an integral role in the Washington Justice's 2021 Overwatch League season. Not only will this facility be home to Justice players for their daily practices and official competitions, but it will also play host for exclusive fan events and a full retail shop experience. "When we first launched the Justice, ...Read More
- Overwatch League 2021 ScheduleThe 2021 Overwatch League season schedule was revealed on Saturday, along with a format that comprises four tournament cycles and plenty of cross-region play. Like last season, teams will play three weeks of regional qualifying matches to determine tournament qualification and seeding, but this year—conditions permitting—teams from both regions will have a chance to fight head-to-head for each tournament title. Tournaments aside, 18 weeks of regular-season competition is a lot of Overwatch, so we’re going to break down some of the biggest matches ...Read More
- Overwatch League, San Francisco Shock Becomes First Repeat ChampLast Saturday, the San Francisco Shock became the first team in Overwatch League history to win back-to-back championships, as the team defeated the Seoul Dynasty 4-2 to win the 2020 Overwatch League Grand Finals. The Shock also won the 2019 Grand Finals when they took down the Vancouver Titans.Nam-joo “Striker” Kwon helped lead San Francisco to the title, winning the 2020 Grand Finals MVP presented by T-Mobile for his stellar play on heroes Tracer and Hanzo. Striker’s 72 final blows ...Read More
- Overwatch, 2020 league’s all-star teams announcementWith teams playing online and split into two regions in Asia and North America, the Overwatch League will have two all All-Stars events this season before Grand Finals Weekend. Here are the rosters for the 2020 All-Stars Asia and 2020 All-Stars North America events, as voted on by fans from around the world. Saturday, September 26: 1-7 a.m. PT / 4-10 p.m. CST / 5-11 p.m. KST Hyobin “Choihyobin” Choi – San Francisco Shock, Tank Menghan “Ameng” Ding – Chengdu Hunters, Tank ...Read More
- Overwatch League MVP Award, Byung-sun “Fleta” Kim is MVPThe final round of the 2020 Overwatch League playoffs completed today in exciting fashion, with the league’s 2020 MVP announced and the four teams advancing to 2020 Grand Finals set. Byung-sun “Fleta” Kim, damage player for the Shanghai Dragons, was named 2020 T-Mobile Overwatch League MVP for his star performance on a variety of damage heroes over the course of the regular season in helping the Dragons to the best record in the league. Fleta’s dominance and flexibility on Overwatch heroes including ...Read More