PUBG (PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS)
PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS is a competitive survival shooter. Players are dropped into a wide, open area, and they must fight to the death – all while the battlefield shrinks, adding pressure to all in its grip. Use a variety of interesting weapons and vehicles amid the BATTLEGROUNDS.
PLAYERUNKNOWN (Brendan Greene – Creative Director at Bluehole) is the pioneer of the Battle Royale genre.
From humble beginnings creating the Battle Royale game-mode on the ARMA series, he went on to license his game-mode to Sony Online Entertainment (now Daybreak Games) for inclusion in their title H1Z1.
Now working as creative director on BATTLEGROUNDS, he has finally the chance to create his own version of the game-mode which spawned a new genre in gaming.
“From when I first started making the Battle Royale game-mode in ARMA 2, I have always wanted to make a good game. With Bluehole, and their philosophy of creating “well made” games, I am confident that together we can create a great game.”
PUBG (PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS) News
- PUBG: NEW STATE, Over 17 million pre-registrations on the Google PlayPUBG: NEW STATE surpassed more than 17 million pre-registrations on the Google Play Store. This major milestone comes shortly after the company hosted the game’s first successful closed Alpha Test, which ran from 11-13 June in the U.S. PUBG Studio, the developer behind PUBG: NEW STATE, will analyse all the data and valuable player feedback it received during the Alpha Test and will focus on improving key facets of the game ahead of its full release later this year. As the daily pre-registration ...Read More
- PUBG: NEW STATE, Field Trip to TroiIn the first of a planned series of PUBG: NEW STATE “Field Trip to Troi” videos, KRAFTON, Inc. offered an in-depth look at Troi, a massive and futuristic 8x8 world that was designed to ensure players have as much fun as possible when dropping into the map. During this first “Field Trip to Troi,” four new key points of interest were revealed, including Exhibition Hall, Mall, Laboratory, and Trailer Park. Each area is complete with unique visual and environmental features that will impact ...Read More
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Europe grand finals start on June 12thThe stage is now set for the PCS4 Grand Finals, which will take place across four regions from 10-27 June. Sixteen teams in each region (Europe, Americas, Asia, and Asia Pacific) are ready to battle it out for their share of $1 million USD. See all the details below. PRIZE POOL DETAILS The total combined prize pool for these regional tournaments is $1,000,000, an increase on the PCS3 combined prize pool of $800,000. Each regional tournament will have a prize pool of ...Read More
- PUBG, Update 12.1 remasters Miramar & plugs in El Solitario-themed itemsPUBG Update 12.1.and brings with it a remaster of Miramar. This map saw a slight refresh in 2019 with the introduction of new aesthetics and lore elements. With 12.1, however, Miramar sees a major visual update that leverages the newer technologies KRAFTON employed in recent maps like Paramo and Haven. Update 12.1 is available today on PC and coming to consoles on 10 June. Full PC patch notes can be found here along with the recent patch report video here. Console patch notes will be ...Read More
- PUBG, Series of Distinct PUBG Content Updates and EventsKRAFTON, Inc. announced a series of distinct PUBG content updates and events planned for June 2021. In addition to announcing major planned PUBG content drops for the rest of 2021, inclusive of complete visual update for Miramar launching in early-June, the company revealed its upcoming in-game brand collaboration with El Solitario (European motorcycle brand), a new limited-time Racing Mode and Season 12 details. PUBG 2021 DEV PLAN - WORLD In the first of two planned 2021 Dev Plan updates, KRAFTON outlined the roadmap of new PUBG content ...Read More