StarCraft II is a military science fiction real-time strategy video game developed and published by Blizzard Entertainment. A sequel to the 1998 video game StarCraft and its expansion set Brood War, the game is split into three installments: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, an expansion pack Heart of the Swarm, and a stand-alone expansion pack Legacy of the Void
The game revolves around three species: the Terrans, human exiles from Earth; the Zerg, a super-species of assimilated life forms; and the Protoss, a technologically advanced species with vast mental powers. Wings of Liberty focuses on the Terrans, while the expansions Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void focus on the Zerg and Protoss, respectively. The game is set four years after the events of 1998’s StarCraft: Brood War, and follows the exploits of Jim Raynor as he leads an insurgent group against the autocratic Terran Dominion. The game includes both new and returning characters and locations from the original game.
StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS)
The StarCraft II World Championship Series (WCS) is part of the Battle.net World Championship Series, a series of video
The StarCraft® II World Championship Series is a year-long event allowing players from around the world to showcase their skills by competing in front of a global audience.
Players seek to accumulate WCS Points in one of two separate standings (tournament groups): WCS Korea or WCS Circuit. Together, these systems feature a prize pool, and, as players race to accumulate WCS Points, their progress is tracked in the WCS Standings. At the end of each year, the top eight players from each system compete at the WCS Global Finals for the prize pool.
- StarCraft II, 10th anniversary update is liveStarCraft II has turned! To commemorate a wonderful decade, we’ve rolled out some player-requested features to StarCraft II in a 10th Anniversary patch. The patch is now officially live with a few extras we hope you’ll enjoy! STARCRAFT II'S BIGGEST PATCH TO DATE - Updates to the Galaxy Map Editor, new campaign achievements, and new prestige talents for every co-op commander. WATCH STARCRAFT II'S ALL-STARS IN WAR CHEST TEAM LEAGUE - Matches have already begun! Catch all the action on youtube.com/starcraft. War Chest Team League ...Read More
- StarCraft II, Celebrate 10 Year AnniversaryStarCraft II is celebrating 10 years of galactic strategy and incredible comradery in the Koprulu Sector. Starting with today’s PTR update through the forthcoming release of Patch 5.0, you’ll be able to get your hands on a ton of player-requested features (along with a few extras) to StarCraft II, including Galaxy Map Editor improvements to make campaign maps easier to create, new campaign achievements, and new prestige talents for every co-op commander. EDITOR IMPROVEMENTS AND NEW FEATURES Players have asked for the editor to ...Read More
- New ESL Pro Tour formats for StarCraft II and Warcraft III: ReforgedModern Times Group MTG AB (MTG) portfolio company’s ESL and DreamHack have announced a three-year-long strategic agreement with Blizzard Entertainment. The world’s largest esports company (ESL) and the premier gaming lifestyle festival organizer (DreamHack) will create new ESL Pro Tour formats for both StarCraft® II and Warcraft® III: Reforged™, with Blizzard providing a respective prize pool of over US $1.8 million and over US $200,000 for the first season. After the successful introduction of ESL Pro Tour for CS:GO in September ...Read More
- WCS Global Finals: Opening Week Viewer’s GuideBlizzard Entertainment The Global Finals are here! After a full year of intense competition, only 16 competitors remain. The top 8 players from the Circuit and the top 8 from the GSL will meet this week the WCS Global Finals Opening Week at the AfreecaTV FreecUp studio in Seoul, Korea. Here, they will be divided into GSL-style, double elmination groups - where they will fight for the right to attend the Grand Finals at BlizzCon on November 1! Two players from each ...Read More
- Korea StarCraft League (KSL) is backBlizzard Entertainment With three successful seasons in 2019 under its belt, KSL is preparing to make a comeback in October 2019. We saw the likes of protoss player Yoonjong ‘Rain’ Jung and zerg player Mincheol ‘Soulkey’ Kim take home the KSL trophy during the last two seasons. With the second season of 2019 just around the corner, fans are waiting to find out which of their favorite players will jump into the fray to be crowned the fourth KSL champion. For its fourth ...Read More