Organizers of MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art., a new traveling event series dedicated to indie communities and produced by the creators of Indie MEGABOOTH, have opened early bird and VIP ticket sales for the first edition of the festival taking place in Atlanta, GA on July 15. The one-day event being held at the Tabernacle will bring together niche creative indie communities from game developers to musicians and visual artists, to throw a “MEGA” indie event. Early bird pricing for General Admission tickets will be available through June 27 via megashow.indiemegabooth.com.
More ticketing info on the ATL edition of the MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art.
Early Bird General Admission = $18.00 USD:
- Ages 16 & older
- Re-entry privileges
- Access to games, music, art and more, for the duration of the event
Limited VIP Tickets = $75.00 USD:
- Must be 21 or older to enter the venue with a VIP ticket
- Re-entry privileges
- Entry into the venue one hour before General Admission ticket holders
- Dedicated VIP entrance to bypass the General Admission line
- Three (3) drink tickets
- Access to VIP lounge and observation deck
- Fast Pass for Virtual Reality (VR) game demo lines
- A limited edition merch item
Note that buyers of all ticket types can save 5 percent on their ticket purchase by sharing via social media. For additional details visit megashow.indiemegabooth.com.
To kick off local talent reveals, Atlanta-based Adult Swim Games has confirmed that its wildly popular, manic multiplayer title Duck Game will be playable for all festivalgoers. Duck Game will be one of the eight playable games within Adult Swim Games’ MEGASHOW showcase. The full list of released and pre-release games from its catalog include:
- Battle Chef Brigade (coming soon, PC/Console)
- DESYNC (out now, PC)
- Duck Game (out now on PC, coming soon to PlayStation 4/Xbox One)
- Kingsway (coming soon to PC)
- Rain World (out now, PC/PlayStation 4)
- Rise & Shine (out now, PC/PlayStation 4/Xbox One)
- Small Radios Big Televisions (out now, PC/PlayStation 4)
- WASTED: A Post-Apocalyptic Pub Crawler (out now, PC)
Additional playable games created by local developers at the ATL Edition of the MEGASHOW include:
- Depth of Extinction by HOF Studios
Depth of Extinction is a roguelike, turn based tactics RPG set in a future where the seas have risen, covering almost all land. The full version of the game is expected by the end of 2017.
- Hanako: Honor & Blade by Mpact Games
Hanako: Honor & Blade takes players online for an immersive experience in Feudal Japan. Help decide the future of a nation by playing as one of four distinct classes. Serve a clan to defeat your opponents throughout a multi-map campaign.
- Home Improvisation by The Stork Burnt Down
Home Improvisation is a wacky multiplayer furniture simulator. The Stork Burnt Down is a small indie studio in Atlanta, interested in weird multiplayer scenarios and creative gameplay.
- PrinceNapped by Ker-Chunk Games
PrinceNapped is a cross-platform, free to play puzzle game to rescue a prince. Ker-Chunk Games creates games that empower women players by showing them as the heroines they already are.
- TwinCop by Finite Reflection Studios
TwinCop is a co-op twin stick shooter where you and a friend play as the same cop! Learn to move together, shoot together, and even talk together in this 80s-style action packed friendship-destroying experience.
- Zap Blastum by Shiny Dolphin Games
Zap Blastum is a cover shooter that anyone can play. Tap to move, tap to shoot, tap behind a wall to hide in cover.
The MEGASHOW. Games. Music. Art. organizer have also revealed the initial roster of music talent that will be performing live at Tabernacle on July 15. Exact set times to be confirmed. Local talent include: Boogie Brown, NOVI NOV, Jack Preston, Stacy Epps, and Team Abyss. Additional performing artists, visual artists, art installations, vendors, and games (including VR titles) will be announced in the coming weeks.
“Super excited about the lineup for our first locally curated event! Working with Adult Swim Games is the perfect way to kick off these events – their distinct style of games and ties to the local Atlanta scene help make something like this possible,” said Kelly Wallick, Overlord of MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art. and Indie MEGABOOTH. “I’m really looking forward to expanding the work that we do and helping people discover new games, music and experiences in ways they wouldn’t expect! This has been a passion of mine and it’s exciting to see it coming together.”
For more details about MEGASHOW: Games. Music. Art. or other Indie MEGABOOTH events visit megashow.indiemegabooth.com.