Gfinity is looking for the BEST players in Europe as we are once again bringing the Halo World Championship Series to you live from the Gfinity Esports Arena from 23rd–25th February 2018. With $25,000 up for grabs to be shared between the top six finalist teams, does your squad have what it takes to get the $10,000 top spot?
For newcomers looking to make a name for themselves, we will host a new Free-For-All tournament for lone wolves looking to make a statement of their own in the Halo scene and win the healthy $5k cash prize.
As part of our commitment to make this the best Halo tournament ever, the top 4 highest seeded teams from the 4 online qualification cups in the weeks prior to the LAN event will get paid travel and accommodation to the event. Also, Halo will be releasing AR and Magnum skins to represent each country competing. This will mean that UK players can don the Union Jack flag while competing on an international stage.
Broadcasting live from the Gfinity Esports Arena, the competition will feature some of the best talent in Europe. Will we see the highest ever European placed team, Infused, walk away with the title again or will a newcomer take the crown?
With the top 4 teams and the Free-For-All qualification winner qualifying for places at the Halo World Championship finals, the time is now to get your team passes while there is space! CLICK HERE to head over the events page and sign up – don’t miss your chance!
- How do I qualify for the HaloWC 2018 finals in Seattle, Washington? The Top 4 4v4 teams and the Free-For-All winner will qualify and will receive an all-expense paid trip for the HaloWC 2018 finals.
- How do I get a better seed for my team in the tournament? Compete online and earn points for your team. If your team is in the Top 4 in points before the event your entire team will earn free travel and hotel accommodations
- What is the 4v4 format? Open double elimination bracket format
- I can’t attend the event, but want to watch online. Where can I tune in?
- Specific broadcast times will be coming later but you can watch the big show on Mixer.com/Halo, Twitch.tv/Halo, and Facebook.com/Halo!
- Do I need a full team to purchase a team pass?
- No, you can purchase a team pass now to secure a spot in the tournament, and inform your team later.
- I’m coaching a team – do I need to purchase anything?
- A team pass includes tournament entry for 4 players and 1 coach. No additional purchases are necessary to coach.
- Will there be a Free-For-All (FFA) competition at this event?
- Yes! HaloWC London will feature a $5,000 FFA tournament for any and all competitors. Best of luck to those competing! Be on the lookout for specific format details in the coming weeks.
- If I buy a team pass, do I have to play in the FFA?
- Purchasing a team pass does not mean you have to play in the FFA. With $5,000 on the line though, why wouldn’t you? o.O
- I don’t live in Europe, can I compete in this tournament?
- This tournament is region locked to players that reside in Europe.
- What’s the age limit for this tournament?
- The age limit to compete in this tournament is 16+.
- Is there a limit to the amount of teams eligible to compete in this tournament?
- Yes. This tournament is limited to the first 32 teams to purchase a team pass.
- What monitors will be used for this tournament?
- The monitors that will be used at this tournament are the BenQ XL2411T.
- What equipment should I bring if I’m competing?
- You will need to bring your controller and a micro-USB cable for a wired connection from the controller to the Xbox One.
- Batteries must be removed from the controller so they are unable to power the controller.
- Headsets will only be provided for mainstage competition.