On 23 August, Cologne will be again the place to be for interested business representatives from all industries, as well as creatives, educators, politicians and researchers. How credible is influencer marketing? How does a long-haul flight become a multiplayer session? What are computer games doing at MoMA? Why are games important for training journalists? 30 programme points, divided into five main topics, will cover all these questions and more:
- More than knowledge (examples: youth media protection, digital media in schools and education)
- More than business (examples: influencer marketing, in-flight entertainment, eSports marketing)
- More than gamification (examples: knowledge and technology transfer from the game industry)
- More than legal (examples: law in eSports, business with virtual items)
- More than life (examples: games from a philosophical standpoint, games and their impact on world politics, games at MoMA in New York)
Beginning and end of the event:
Admission to gamescom congress 2017 begins on 23 August at 9:00 a.m.
The conference in the Congress Centre North at Koelnmesse ends at 5:00 p.m.
- The ticket shop is available at www.gamescom-congress.com .
- Admission costs Euro 69.00. The congress ticket combined with a trade visitor ticket for gamescom on 23 August costs Euro 105.00.
- Tickets are on offer for both categories at an early bird rate of Euro 59.00 or Euro 95.00 respectively up to and including 11 July 2017.
- Tickets are available at the event box office for Euro 79.00 or Euro 119.00 respectively.
- Tickets for students and teachers cost Euro 25.00. A verification is required and must be shown at the day of the conference.
In 2017, gamescom congress has once more been accredited as a training programme for teachers and educators. Participants can request a corresponding document on the day of the event and have a certificate issued for themselves at the event.
About gamescom congress 2017
gamescom congress 2017 takes place on Wednesday 23 August from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Congress Centre North at Koelnmesse. The event is part of gamescom, Europe’s leading business platform for the gaming industry and the global 360 degree event for digital game culture. In keeping with the motto “More than games”, the congress will highlight trends and potential in digital games as well as their social implications, and offer an interface beyond the digital and media industries. Speakers from Germany and elsewhere will offer exciting presentations and panel discussions. The congress is hosted by Koelnmesse GmbH and the BIU — Bundesverband Interaktive Unterhaltungssoftware e. V. (Federal Association of Interactive Entertainment Software), sponsored by the City of Cologne and the State of North Rhine-Westphalia. For more information, see www.gamescom-congress.com .