GG Expo 2018 Expands Esports Programming, Pre-Announces Ticket Availability
GG Expo Inc. announced expanded esports programming information for GG Expo 2018, the first esports player and fan convention, coming Memorial Day Weekend 2018 (May 26-28th) to Bellevue, Washington’s Meydenbauer Center. The convention offers three days of esports sessions, contests, gameplay, tournaments, and fan experiences that will cover three themes: Sports (Saturday); Fantasy (Sunday), and Battle (Monday).
At GG Expo, attendees have a rare opportunity to connect with the esports community, play in tournaments, and meet top professional players and teams. The program features player panels on esports games; the GG Discover track exploring careers, technology and opportunities in esports; as well as daily esports contests and matches.
- Day 1: Sports Games – Celebrating the thrill of victory, with participation by Fnatic’s Poacher, one of the top FIFA players in the world.
- Day 2: Fantasy Games – Venturing into the realm of heroes and legends, featuring professional Hearthstone player Th3 Rat, organizer of The Rat Race. Day 2 will also feature the GG Expo Heroes of Esports Cosplay contest, where cosplayers compete for prizes as they dress as game characters in esports team gear.
- Day 3: Battle Games – Focused on epic battles of first person shooters (FPS), including a special appearance by the Lenovo Silver Snipers, Sweden’s 60+ year-old professional Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) team.
“We’re bringing together some of the brightest players and managers in esports from around the world that represent professional, university and high school levels of the esports community,” said Joe English, Executive Director of GG Expo Inc. “GG Expo is going to be a very different kind of experience for esports players and fans, allowing them to really connect as a community.”
GG Expo’s learning track will feature a number of esports industry insiders, including Cameron McAlees, Esports Operations Manager of the Portland Trailblazers’ Blazer5 NBA2K team; Colin Johnson, FIFA Team Manager of Fnatic; Dr. Brett Shelton and Dr. Chris Haskell of Boise State University’s Esports program; Mason Mullenioux of the High School Esports League; and Coach Tommy ‘Potti’ Ingemarsson of the Lenovo Silver Snipers. A complete list of players, coaches and managers will be announced this spring, including participants from across professional, university and high school esports leagues.
General Tickets Available February 2nd, 2018
Tickets for the esports community’s first true convention go on sale Friday, February 2, 2018 at 9:05 a.m. Pacific Standard Time, and will be available through the GG Expo ticketing portal at https://ggexpo.show/ticket-information.
- Single Day Passes: $49 for Saturday, Sunday or Monday
- Weekend Passes: $125 for all three days
- VIP Pass: $75 daily, $175 for all three days; includes early entry, parking, VIP Lounge and VIP/Pro Player Reception entry (limited quantity available)
“We are pre-announcing ticketing information to ensure fans across the country don’t miss their chance to attend what is going to be a revolutionary first-year show,” added English. “Esports events traditionally sell out quickly, so we encourage fans to act fast to secure tickets.”
Sign up for an email reminder as soon as tickets go on sale: https://ggexpo.show/ticket-information. Ticket sales are subject to an additional $8 ticketing fee per ticket. Ticket quantities limited and available while supplies last. Limit 4 passes per transaction.
Additional programming details will be announced in the coming months.