Celebrating the last 40 years of gaming, The Evolution of Video Games at Science Museum IMAX will bring together the best minds, the best moments and the best games that have defined the industry for one night only.
The evening will host the world premiere of footage from forthcoming documentary The PlayStation Revolution, along with excerpts from the critically acclaimed From Bedrooms to Billions documentary film series.
As part of Science Museum’s Power UP event, The Evolution of Video Games will explore six eras that will be familiar to gamers of all ages and backgrounds:
- The pioneering arcades of the 1970s
- The home computing boom of the 1980s
- The power of 16-bit
- The infamous console wars between Nintendo and SEGA
- The birth of PlayStation and mainstream gaming culture
- Mobile gaming, Virtual Reality and the future
An all-star panel of gaming industry legends will offer commentary, round-table discussions and Q&As throughout the evening. The panel will feature the following guests:
- Phil Harrison – former President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios and former Corporate Vice President of Microsoft.
- Chris Kingsley, Jason Kingsley OBE – Co-founders and owners of independent UK studio Rebellion (Sniper Elite 4, Aliens vs Predator, Battlezone) which celebrates its 25th birthday in December.
- Jon Hare – Co-founder of Sensible Software (Sensible Soccer, Sensible World of Soccer) and independent VR game developer.
- Anthony Caulfield, Nicola Caulfield – British filmmakers and creators of acclaimed documentaries, Sonic – The Birth of an Icon, From Bedrooms to Billions, The Amiga Years and the forthcoming The PlayStation Revolution.
The Evolution of Video Games takes place at Science Museum IMAX, Wednesday October 25th May, 19.30-21.30.