Introducing BLAST PREMIER – a new global tournament series that includes tons of Best of 3’s, one game at a time and a new play-in system that gives any team the chance to qualify for both the Global Final and the two seasonal finals. Winner of each Seasonal Final take home US$500.000, while the winner of the Global Final 2020 take home US$ 1,000,000.
Best of 3’s, excitement and community in focus
BLAST PREMIER will amplify the best elements of esports: excitement, competition and community – by creating heartracing events, unmissable content and a bespoke fan experience.
BLAST PREMIER is designed to:
1. Enhance the audience experience, in arena and at home.
2. Tell the emotive stories behind esports’ biggest heroes and villains.
3. Enable the greatest range of teams to participate in the most entertaining tournament series in the world.
Robbie Douek, CEO, BLAST comments:
– The next evolution of our tournament series is going to blow people away. We have spent months developing the right format. A format that will create the greatest entertainment product for fans at events and viewers watching across the world. We believe we have perfected that format.
We will finish the year with a surge of excitement as we crown the 2019 BLAST Pro Series Champion. And we look forward to creating something incredible in esports with BLAST PREMIER in 2020.
Nicolas Estrup, Director of Product and Experience, BLAST comments:
– Developing our 2020 format and experience has been one of the most exciting tasks since I joined the company. We’ve taken onboard the incredible feedback from our show surveys and across the Counter-Strike community. It’s only been 12 months since we were in Istanbul, our second ever event, and here we are, almost a full trip around the world later and a lot wiser. The culmination of everything we’ve done so far is BLAST PREMIER – a competitive Best of 3 format, where anyone can win the Global Final – enhanced by great storytelling and a fan focused experience.
For more information visit www.blastpremier.com