After a compelling month of qualification during the February Weekend League, the top 128 FUT Champions competitors (split evenly between PlayStation®4 and Xbox One) will kick off the three-day FUT Champions Cup in Manchester from April 13 to 15, 2018. See the tournament overview for full event details and more.
The format for this tournament is the same as that of the Barcelona FUT Champions Cup, including the new Swiss-style format for the group stage.
Matches and Tiebreakers
Each match will consist of two games between the same opponents. The winner will be determined by the aggregate score.
Throughout every stage of the tournament, including the Grand Final, if a match remains tied in aggregate score after the second game, there will be Extra Time and, if needed, penalties will decide the winner.
Each platform’s group stage will start with 64 players seeded based on their FUT Champions qualifying results, and end with 32 players qualifying for a single-elimination Knockout Stage seeded based on their group stage performance.
The Swiss-style group stage format is played according to the following guidelines:
- There will be 64 players in each group, separated by console (PlayStation 4 and Xbox One)
- All competitors are paired up for each match based on their record in the stage thus far, so everyone will only play against someone with their exact win-loss record
- Competitors will play up to seven matches (or fourteen games) in the Group Stage
- Competitors will not play two matches against the same opponent
- Competitors who earn four match wins will qualify to the Knockout Stage
- Competitors who register four match losses will be immediately eliminated from the tournament.
The 32 advancing competitors from each platform will be seeded into a single-elimination bracket based on their record in the Group Stage. At the conclusion of the knock-out stage, each platform will have one competitor remaining, and the console winners will face off against each other in the Grand Final. The top eight competitors on each platform will secure a place in the FIFA 18 Global Series Playoffs in June.
The final stage of the FUT Champions Cup is the Grand Final, a two-game round between the winners of the PlayStation 4 Division and the Xbox One Division. One game is played on each console, and the player with the highest aggregate score after the two games wins the FUT Champions Cup Manchester and the US $22,000 prize.
* Eligibility restrictions apply. Not all platforms are supported for qualification. See Official Rules for details. Final terms and structure subject to change.