Game On Expo is back in 2020 with even more eSports championships, retro and tabletop play, music performances, anime cosplay, celebrity guests – and the same welcoming atmosphere from previous years. Boasting more than 10,000 attendees in 2019 alone, Game On Expo has quickly become the largest and most popular gaming event in Arizona.
Laser focused on G.A.M.E. (Gaming, Anime, Music, and eSports) content, Game On Expo was created in 2015 by streaming legend John Lester/Gamester81 and Neil Kotler – who owns one of Phoenix’ most beloved retro gaming stores and Arizona’s largest anime seller, Collectors Marketplace.
For 2020, the organizers are planning a Classic Tetris World Championship regional qualifier and even more of an emphasis on Super Smash Bros. tournaments. There will also be a unique gaming-focused auction where attendees can bid on rare items.
“It’s been 5 years since we started Game On Expo – and we can hardly believe how much the show has grown,” says John Lester, co-founder of Game On Entertainment. “This has always been a labor of love for us – a place for anyone in the Southwestern United States (including Arizona, New Mexico, Southern California, Colorado, Nevada, Utah – and Western Oklahoma and Texas) to celebrate our shared love of games, anime, and everything in-between. Last year, we had the entire main voice cast of the original Pokémon show meet fans – the first reunion since the show ended. We’re planning some equally exciting things for Game On Expo in 2020!”
When: August 7-9, 2020 Where: Phoenix Convention Center
Tickets: $35 Early Bird pricing – on sale at ShowClix!
- Vendors: Hundreds of vendors from all over the U.S. will be selling games, merch, and collectibles.
- Auction: Our sixth annual auction featuring rare game items; proceeds will be used in part to raise funds for the Phoenix Children’s Hospital.
- Music: Main stage featuring live music on Friday and Saturday night – with Rock Band Karaoke on Sunday.
- eSports: Tournaments including Tetris and Super Smash Bros. – with more to be announced soon!
- Cosplay: Our sixth annual cosplay competition featuring special guests.
- Dance Contest: In the Kids Zone, we’ll be hosting a Fortnite Dance Contest so that kids can show off their favorite moves!
- Retro Gameplay: From Atari to the Sega Dreamcast, there will be tons of retro games to play throughout the expo.
- Tabletop: Board games, role-playing games, collectible card games (CCGs), and more!
- Celebrity Guests: Meet some of the top celebrity voice actors at panels and one-on-one.
- Free Play Arcade: Hundreds of arcade games and pinball machines to play for free!
- Indie Spotlight: Developers from across the U.S. will be showcasing their games and projects.
Pricing & Availability
Tickets are now available at https://www.showclix.com/event/goe-2020. For a limited time, “Early Bird” tickets providing access to the full event can be purchased for only $35 ($15 off the regular price of $50). Kids 10 and under can attend for $10.