VisitTulsa is proud to announce an expanded lineup of attractions and entertainment at the XPO Game Festival this weekend:
First off, XPO’s newest sponsor – Osage Casino – will present a number of eSports tournaments at the show!
Tournaments for League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Rocket League, and Halo 5 are being managed by Oklahoma eSports, and registration is open to the public:
XPO is also excited to provide a $10,000 prize pool for the League of Legends tournament, in addition to prize money for all competitions.
Console fighting game tournaments for Super Smash Bros. 4 and Capcom vs. Marvel: Infinite are being managed by Dragonslayer Games and Game Over entertainment. Registration for these tournaments is available onsite only.
Official XPO Schedule:
Building on the success of last year’s event, XPO 2017 boasts a jam-packed lineup of entertainment, attractions, and activities – including a retro lounge, tabletop play, laser tag, VR showcase, indie alley, musical acts, and professional cosplayers. Attendees have much to look forward to October 13-15 at the Cox Business Center in Tulsa, Oklahoma!
Matt Stockman (Event Manager, XPO Game Festival):
“We’re excited to have Osage Casino on board as a presenting sponsor for our eSports tournaments. We’ve been working hard to create a bigger and better experience for our attendees – and our lineup of entertainment and attractions is proof of this. Every facet of game culture will have a spotlight at XPO!”
HIGHLIGHTS: ENTERTAINMENT, ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES
* Console Free Play – Xbox One pods and Surface device bar: Microsoft Store
* PC Free Play & Tournaments – League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Rocket League and Halo 5: Oklahoma eSports
* Console Fighting Game Free Play & Tournaments: Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and Super Smash Bros. Wii U: Dragonslayer Games and Game Over Entertainment
* Retro Lounge: OK Gamers – Attendees can enjoy full-sized arcade cabinets and retro game consoles on CRT televisions.
* Laser Tag Arena: Bad Wolf Ops
* Cosplay Contest: Mythos Creations – Master-level costumers Saya, Hikaruhime, and Tsukiko who have won 25 awards (including 9 “Best in Show” prizes) will be judging the cosplay contest this year!
* VR Showcase: Novastar Gaming – Attendees can enjoy the latest (and greatest!) VR titles running on HTC Vive rigs.
* Tabletop Gaming Free Play & Tournaments – Magic: The Gathering: Alien Games
* Made in Oklahoma Showcase: Features local developers who have made games right in XPO’s backyard
* Indie Alley: This area will be packed to the brim with indie games and developers from around the world.
This year’s XPO Game Festival will also highlight some of the best in music – providing entertaining performances from Bit Brigade, The Returners, Heatbox, and Metroyd Myk:
Friday, October 13
Most people don’t consider a vintage Nintendo Game Boy to be a musical instrument. Those people haven’t met Metroyd Myk.
Everyone’s favorite game music played like never before – from Zelda to Undertale.
Saturday, October 14
The definition of “a one man show,” Heatbox takes the stage to deliver an incredible beatboxing performance. Get ready for both popular gaming tunes and original songs from this superlative indie artist.
Speedrun rockers Bit Brigade return to XPO for an encore performance. Attendees will get to watch them speed through classic Nintendo games while playing the soundtrack live! On the menu this year: Castlevania, Batman, and … DuckTales!
Pricing & Availability
XPO Game Festival tickets are available for purchase online through Eventbrite at the following link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/
Weekend Passes (Friday–Sunday) are available for $65 with Single Day Passes (Friday, Saturday or Sunday) available for $35 each. A 25% discount is available for students only. Just type “Student” (capital “S”) after clicking on “Enter Promotional Code” when ordering through Eventbrite. All ages are welcome!
Registration for all League of Legends, Overwatch, Hearthstone, Rocket League, and Halo 5 eSports tournaments is available through Oklahoma eSports:
Attendees can sign up onsite for Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite and Super Smash Bros. 4 tournaments – along with other activities such as the cosplay contest and tabletop play.