Fresh off the launch of Season 8 and the Sanhok Remaster, PUBG Corporation continues to drop in with new Battle Royale content in Update 8.2. This latest patch arrives on 19 August for PC and 27 August for console and Stadia. Players that are excited to try the new content before launch can hop on the PC Test Server this Wednesday, 12 August.
For an overview of new content, please see below. For the full patch details, check out the latest patch notes here: https://www.pubg.com/2020/08/10/update-8-2-patch-notes/
- New Items:
- MG3 Light Machine Gun: The latest weapon available in Battlegrounds Care Packages is the fast firing MG3 Light Machine Gun. With two different rates of fire, a bipod for stability, tracer rounds to help you keep track of your spray, and increased weapon damage to vehicles, there’s a new reason to fight over the big red box (as if you needed another reason…).
- Decory Grenade: A feast for your eyes…and ears! The new throwable item will disorient your enemies and cover your movements, which is a great way to distract your enemies and/or have you questioning your own ears. Available as world loot on Sanhok, the Decoy Grenade will make fake firing sounds for about ten seconds after thrown, giving you a few moments to make your move.
- New Features:
- PCS2 Pick’Em Challenge: The Pick’Em Challenge returns alongside our upcoming esports event, PCS2! When the Pick’Em Challenge tab unlocks on 19 August for PC and 27 August for console, fans can head over to the in-game tab for a chance to win celebratory PCS2 items by guessing the winners of each regional esports tournament in North America, Europe, Asia, and Asia-Pacific. A range of different in-game PCS2 items will be purchasable or winnable through the Pick’Em Challenge, with 25% of the in-game profits being distributed back to the pro teams across all four regions.
- Original Lobby Music: Players looking for a bit of nostalgia when they log in can now choose their lobby music! We’ve added a selection of themes dating from all the way back to Early Access for you to choose from. After all, there’s no better way to get hyped for the Battlegrounds than by rocking your favourite tunes (we’re a little biased, but at least we admitted it).
- Hide Helmet Function: Sometimes you just want to look good for YOU. For those moments, you can now toggle off your helmet to maintain your default costume pieces, even after you protect your noggin with a fine Level 3 helmet. This functionality is purely cosmetic, and other players will still see you with a helmet on, but hey, it shouldn’t matter since it’s what’s in the inside that counts right?
- Other Updates:
- Weapon Remodel and Retexture: The M416, SKS and Kar98k has been remodelled from scratch to achieve a high level of visual quality! Along with their visual update, weapon sounds have also been overhauled to match the improved visuals.
- Erangel Docks: You Love Erangel? We love Erangel! Four docks have been added to Erangel. Two docks have been added to existing wharves, one at Novorepnoye and the other at Ferry Pier. The southern beach of the Erangel mainland and Sosnovka Island have also had docks added.
For more information on PUBG, please visit https://pubg.com