KRAFTON, Inc., responsible for entertainment properties such as PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS (PUBG), today announced additional details around the format for PUBG GLOBAL INVITATIONAL.S (PGI.S), the next global PUBG esports tournament taking place from February 5 – March 28.
PGI.S is an eight week long LAN/online-hybrid event featuring 32 teams from eight regions, including seven Europe-based teams, six Chinese teams, four Korean teams, four North American teams, two Latin American teams, five South East Asian teams, two Japanese teams, and two Chinese Taipei teams. Teams will compete each week to earn part of the $3.5 million USD prize pot, with the team that earns the most being crowned champion.
With health and safety being a critical concern, the majority of teams will compete offline at Studio Paradise in Incheon, South Korea while teams from China, Japan, and Chinese Taipei will compete online from their respective areas.
With global teams converging into the ultimate PUBG esports festival, fans can tune-in week-to-week and keep up with the action, including:
- Rank Decision Matches: Kicking off the festivities, 32 teams will be split into four different groups to participate in Rank Decision matches. Placement order for the first set of Weekly Survival matches will be decided based on performance.
- Weekly Survival Matches: Running for six weeks in total, the Weekly Series will include weekday Survival Matches, before moving onto Weekend Final matches. When a team wins a Weekly Survival match, they will automatically progress to the Weekly Finals, and their place will be taken by the team with the next highest rank from the Rank Decision matches.
- Weekly Finals Matches: The Weekly Finals will feature the 16 winners from Weekly Survival, with the top four finalists winning a share of the prize pool based on their accumulated points. The prize money gets bigger every week and the team with the highest accumulated prize amount at the end of the tournament will be crowned PGI.S champions. The 16 teams who did not qualify for the Weekly Finals will compete in another set of placement matches to determine their position on the following week’s waiting list.
- Survival Tournament: Newly announced, a specialty tournament within PGI.S named the Survival Tournament will be scheduled from March 5-7, which is the break period between the first and second half of the Weekly Series. The tournament intends to offer a new entertainment experience to the audience.
All matches will be broadcasted globally on various platforms in 12 languages, including English, Russian, Turkish, Korean, and Vietnamese. In addition to the broadcast, fans can tune-into the Weekly Final pre-shows. Please see below for a list of broadcast links in various languages:
- English – https://www.twitch.tv/pubg
- English – https://www.youtube.com/pubgesports
- Russian – https://vk.com/playpubg
- Turkish – https://www.twitch.tv/pubgtvturkiye
- Finnish – https://www.twitch.tv/pubg_finland
- Czech – https://www.twitch.tv/pubg_czsk / https://www.twitch.tv/amidivine
- German – https://www.twitch.tv/beingesports
- Hungarian – https://www.twitch.tv/omgezjonesy
- Spanish – https://www.facebook.com/jovenzero
- French – https://www.twitch.tv/carazwolf
PGI.S’ $3.5 million USD prize pot is the largest ever in PUBG esports. Thanks to the Pick’Em Challenge, which gives PUBG esports fans the opportunity to purchase and win in-game exclusive PGI.S items, pro teams can expect a larger prize pot with 30% of item sale revenue being added to the overall winnings. The Pick’Em Challenge event will begin on February 6 for PC and Console, and fans can purchase special items through the in-game PUBG Esports tab.
PUBG will place the highest priority on the health of players and staff by complying with the COVID-19 prevention measures set out by both the South Korean government and by local government. PUBG is also implementing its own strengthened three-stage guideline on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment.
For the latest information on PUBG esports, please visit https://www.pubgesports.com/en