PUBG MOBILE released the version 0.16.0 content update with full of new game modes, maps, gear, abilities and collaboration content with Angry Birds, an entertainment brand celebrating its 10th birthday today (11th December). Players can skydive into the latest update for free on the App Store and Google Play.
The version 0.16.0 content update announcement arrives after PUBG MOBILE earned the 2019 Google Play “Users Choice” and “Best Competitive”, also the AppStore “Top Games of 2019”. PUBG MOBILE has now won the best game of the year for two consecutive years. The update is also announced with the new game icon presenting the new logo of Tencent Games, which represents the spirit of “Spark More”.
New features for PUBG MOBILE’s available beginning today include:
- RageGear Mode – In this all-new EvoGround mode, players are divided into two factions and are assigned to be either the driver or shooter of a vehicle. Each vehicle is mounted with a powerful weapon including the Gatling, Shotgun, or RPG. The shooter fight with special weapons which are the Gatling, RPG, Grenade Launcher and the M249.
- RageGear TDM: Players must destroy enemy vehicles to earn points, with the team reaching the score limit first taking home the chicken dinner
- RageGear PickUp: Players must collect a certain number of Point Crates first to win, but will lose all Crates if their vehicle is destroyed
- Snow Paradise – When queueing for Erangel in Classic mode, players have a chance to enter Snow Paradise, where the Spawn Island is covered in white frost. Players also have the chance to ride cable car lifts and snowboards once they drop into the map.
- Healing Mobility – Players can now use health kits, boost items and adrenaline syringes while moving, with movement speed greatly reduced. Bandages are also now automatically used in succession
- Loadouts – A new loadout screen has been added to Team Death Match Mode for players to edit and customize their starting weapons. Every firearm can be unlocked at a different Evo Level, and all offer mastery levels for additional attachments
- Perspectives Button – While in Third Person Perspective (TPP), players can now toggle in and out of First Person Perspective(FPP) with a new button in Classic, Arcade and Training Grounds modes
- New Sliding Mechanic – Players can now choose to enable or disable character sliding in Team Death Match mode
- Firearm Balances – In Classic mode, multiple weapons have been adjusted to develop more balanced gameplay, including:
- Bolt-Action Rifles: Damage to torso increased by 30%
- AWM: Bullet damage reduced from 132 to 120
- Crossbow: Damage to torso and limbs increased 40% and 20%, respectively
- S12K: Bullet damage increased from 22 to 24
- Sawed-off: Bullet damage increased from 20 to 22
- S686/S1897: Bullet damage increased from 24 to 26
- Shotguns: Maximum bullet distance reduced from 1,000 to 150 meters
- Duckbill: Increased vertical bullet spread and reduced horizontal spread
- Collaboration content with Angry Birds – Ten years since the birth of the Angry Birds brand, players have the chance to unlock crossover items and enjoy a mini-game in Spawn Island throwing Angry Birds bombs. Rewards can be won by completing missions in the Angry Birds Adventure event.
- Additional Features – Several new miscellaneous features have been added, including performance balances, a spectator tier limit, backpack ornaments and the ability to report friendly-fire kills in-game.
ABOUT PUBG MOBILE
PUBG MOBILE is based on PLAYERUNKNOWN’S BATTLEGROUNDS, the phenomenon that took the world of interactive entertainment by storm in 2017. Up to 100 players parachute onto a remote island to battle in a winner-takes-all showdown. Players must locate and scavenge their own weapons, vehicles and supplies, and defeat every player in a visually and tactically rich battleground that forces players into a shrinking play zone.